Simple Spicy Curried Pumpkin Soup
Ever since I can remember, I've carved pumpkins every. Single. Year.
Do you know how many years I cooked with ctual pumpkin. None! Well, that is, until this year.
That's right! I've officially broken into the beast. I hollowed out and roasted every ounce of that giant gourd, and I loved every second of it. Don't be fooled by how simple the ingredients in this soup are -- it's absolutely divine! If you're not really a pumpkin person, this could make you a convert. Seriously.
I've been sitting on the recipe for about a month, as the holiday season and work have gotten the best of me! As you may have seen on my Instagram stories, I'm taking a podcast break until the beginning of 2017. I have so many incredible interviews lined up, and I just can't wait.
We also have some more big news, and I can't wait to share! Give it about one more month, and I can let you know for sure what's going on.
In the meantime, try this excellent soup out!
SPICY CURRIED PUMPKIN SOUP
- 1 15oz can chickpeas (rinsed)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- Meat of 1 whole pumpkin or 2 cans pumpkin puree
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1-2 tsp salt (and salt to taste)
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- If using whole pumpkin, roast in oven on 425 degrees F until soft (approximately 30 minutes).
- In a high-speed blender, combine pumpkin, chickpeas, coconut milk and coconut oil and blend until smooth.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add soup and cover.
- Once the soup comes to a simmer (bubbles form at the top), reduce heat to medium-low heat, add remaining ingredients, and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately!