Grilled Peach Citrus Salad | Happy MONQ
Day four of our incredible MONQ takeover! Have you been wondering about the savory recipes?! You've got it! This recipe is sure to put a smile on your face!
What is MONQ?
According to their site: it’s a recyclable diffuser that promotes mood change and various effects through our custom blends of essential oils and the ancient practice of aromatherapy. MONQ is the simplest aromatherapy device in history. You don’t have to know anything about essential oils—we do all of that for you. Simply pick the way you want to feel, open your MONQ, and breathe in as your MONQ diffuses an eclectic blend of essential oils and wild plant extracts! MONQ is available in 7 different blends, all of which are organic, natural, and free of nicotine, tobacco, or artificial chemicals.
This week, I'm highlighting each MONQ with a specific and unique recipe designed to not only compliment the specific flavors of the individual diffuser, but also with ingredients that promote similar health benefits.
++ Essential oil blend: fennel, thyme, vanilla
You may have noticed that I'm obviously a little more prone to posting and experimenting with delicious sweet recipes! If that's your favorite types of recipes to read about, don't be disappointed. This isn't your average salad --- this is an insanely flavorful and unique blend of flavors created specifically to compliment the Happy MONQ blend.
++ Paired with avocado, grapefruit, red onion, peach, thyme
GRILLED PEACH CITRUS SALAD
Serves: 2 || Time: 15 min
- 4 cups herb mixed greens
- 1/2 peeled ruby red grapefruit
- 1 ripe peach
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
For the Dressing:
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp soy sauce/liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large salad bowl and mix thoroughly (aside from the peach)
- On a small grill, toaster over, or oven rack, char your peaches until they have grill marks. Add to salad.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl with a whisk or a fork.
- Pour over the salad and enjoy!