Coconut Curry Cauliflower Rice Bowl | Healthy MONQ
It's Saturday! This weekend has been an absolute whirlwind, so we've spent all morning reconnecting, bouncing from one spot to the next, enjoying the one year anniversary of our move to Nash! I can't believe it's already almost been a year.
We're almost coming to the end of our MONQ takeover, and I'm sure you've been excited to see what would be next...
What is MONQ?
According to their site: it’s a recyclable diffuser that promotes mood change and various effects through our custom blends of essential oils and the ancient practice of aromatherapy. MONQ is the simplest aromatherapy device in history. You don’t have to know anything about essential oils—we do all of that for you. Simply pick the way you want to feel, open your MONQ, and breathe in as your MONQ diffuses an eclectic blend of essential oils and wild plant extracts! MONQ is available in 7 different blends, all of which are organic, natural, and free of nicotine, tobacco, or artificial chemicals.
This week, I'm highlighting each MONQ with a specific and unique recipe designed to not only compliment the specific flavors of the individual diffuser, but also with ingredients that promote similar health benefits.
++ Essential oil blend: Cinnamon, Marjoram & Turmeric
Turmeric is such a huge part of our diet, and I'm so thrilled to be sharing one of my personal favorite ways to use it! Curry powder is a blend of turmeric, cinnamon, cloves, and a variety of other warm spices to create a very unique and bold flavor. In this recipe, I use cauliflower instead of brown rice, but you can sub out the cauliflower if you don't tolerate it well. Turmeric is filled with anti-inflammatory properties and is touted as one of the world's healthiest foods! Try your best to get as much turmeric in your diet as possible, and cook with it daily!
++ Paired with curry powder, maple, carrot, soy
CUCUMBER & WATERMELON SALAD WITH MINT
Serves: 1 || Time: 10 min
- 1 bag Trader Joe's Cauliflower Rice or one head of cauliflower diced in fine pieces
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp curry powder blend
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup snap or snow peas
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk full fat
- 1/2 cup water
For the tempeh:
- 1 block of organic tempeh
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1/2 tbsp tahini (or peanut butter)
- juice of one lime
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- In a deep pot on medium-high heat, combine all "rice" ingredients, cover, and leave alone, stirring occasionally for around 15 minutes.
- While that cooks, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a skillet.
- Once the oil is melted, add sliced tempeh to the skillet, flipping occasionally. Cook until lightly toasted or browned.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients, using the citrus from the lime to break down the honey or maple syrup.
- In a larger bowl or the same skillet, toss tempeh in the glaze and take off heat.
- Once the cauliflower rice has fully fluffed up, take off heat and leave covered for around 10 minutes.
- Plate and enjoy!